Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Our little da Vinci's

First of all I must explain that Daniel has only drawn stick figures. He was the stick figure king of battles and what not. April and Daniel have been begging me to do an art curriculum with them (I am no artist by any means) so I got out our old 'Drawing with Children' by Mona Brookes. After two lessons Daniel decided he could draw some Disney characters he saw in a coloring book. When he showed us his finished drawings we were amazed to say the least. I wanted to share his new found artistic ability with everyone.

Daisy is Daniel's own rendition of her character.

I do need to buy the true artist pencil that I believe does not show the erasing as much.

When April saw what Daniel was doing she did not want to be left out. Again we were amazed to see how well April did with her drawing of Goofy.
Thank you for indulging us as proud parents.

1 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

SWEET!!!!!
Yep, you are an amazing teacher...and it doesn't hurt to have such gifted children!
How fun that they started their artistic journey with Disney! Way to go!