Daniel's First Campout
Last weekend Daniel went on his first overnight campout. He took Kaden along for safe keeping. Camping in Texas can be very interesting. First of all you have no mountains just flat land with a lot of Pine Trees. I have never understood how Pine Trees came to be in Texas. I just can't imagine that the Lord put them here along side the Palm Trees. There sure are a lot of them and they don't give off that wonderful smell like they do in the mountains. So you end up with a lot of Pine Trees, no smell and a host of needles everywhere. They even plant these things in yards when landscaping new homes. I just can't understand it!! It's not like they are beautiful or anything. Anyway, Daniel was very proud that they got the tent up & he would have a place to sleep in the wild flat lands of Texas.
Then there was the unpacking of the essentials: flashlights, games, football, candy.
Soon after it was time for Daniel to try his hand at cooking. They had some delicious Angus Burgers (organic of course with no added yuckiness). Daniel's liking this cooking thing, especially the part about keeping the bugs out of the food as you are cooking it. I guess they had some encounters with those giant mosquito eaters flying into the frying pan & exploding. YUM
Daniel your the man, thanks!
In the morning they found some lovely creatures in their left over burger grease who had clearly died from saturated fat by either eating it or drowning in it. All the same Daniel did not want to look for fear of what flies into your food in the morning.
Next came their hike. They both enjoyed Texas' lovely trails and rivers. Isn't is interesting that boys must have sticks. Each boy in the picture and I'm sure the one who took the picture all have sticks. It must be a secret society for boys only.
They did spot a beautiful Swallow Tail Butterfly. Good job Kaden with the great photography!



1 comments:
Kudos to Kaden for excellent documentation!!!! What a great brother bonding time! I am sad for the demise of the fly, though!! J/K!
Thanks for bringing a smile to my morning!
Post a Comment